Friday, November 28, 2008

LIFE GOES SLEEPING by Reed Farrell Coleman

Hardcover: 271 pages
Publisher: Permanent Press
August 1991
ISBN: 1877946052


Just finished this one, I've read some short stories but this is the first full-length I've read by this author. While I was reading this, news came out that he has collaborated with Ken Bruen on a new book TOWER to come out next year - I can't wait! I also finished Bruen's ONCE WERE COPS a week or so ago and that one was as brilliant as ever!

2 comments:

David Thompson said...

bruen123If you liked LIFE GOES SLEEPING, the first Dylan Klein novel, wait until you get to the Moe Prager series:

WALKING THE PERFECT SQUARE
REDEMPTION STREET
THE JAMES DEANS
SOUL PATCH
EMPTY EVER AFTER

Remarkably good stuff, and nominated for/winner of lots of awards.

Bruen and Coleman rock! :-)

JZID said...

Thanks for the recommendations - I started with the Jack Taylor series with Ken Bruen and now I'm going back and reading his earlier work. (Although I picked up ONCE WERE COPS on a whim and that worked out fine because I had just read the most recent Jack Taylor, who makes a brief appearance in ONCE WERE COPS as well!)

I've also read Ken Bruen's & Jason Starr's three books for Hard Case Crime and almost everything Jason Starr has written as well.