Friday, January 9, 2009

Hardboiled Brooklyn


I must be excited about the upcoming Ken Bruen/Reed Farrel Coleman collaboration Tower. The last anthology I read was Dublin Noir edited by Ken Bruen on Akashic featuring a story by Reed Farrel Coleman - and now I just finished Hardboiled Brooklyn edited by Reed Farrel Coleman and featuring a story by Ken Bruen! This one is published by Bleak House and I was lucky enough to get this and another couple as a part of their FREE BOOK Christmas promotion. What I wasn't expecting was that this book and another one had autographs from several of the authors- and very unexpected bonus! My only complaint about this one, is that although it features many authors I was already familiar with, such as Peter Blauner and Jason Starr, there were no bios for the many authors I wasn't familiar with. I wish there would have been either a bio page or some author information with each story. It makes a little bit harder to track down the one's I liked....

No comments: