Friday, January 9, 2009

Richard S Prather: The Peddler


This book is incredible - I had high expectations going in and it absolutely did not disappoint. This book literally had me hooked from page one to the very last word on the very last page. For one thing, Christa Faust, whose Hard Case novel Money Shot, blew me away last year, has sited Richard S Prather as the whole reason she signed on to Hard Case to begin with. I think if you liked Scorcese's Goodfellas you would love this book - which reminds me I've been meaning to track down the books that inspired that film and Casino. Interestingly enough, Richard S Prather was an avocado farmer at one point in his life, and an organic one at that- which although has nothing to do with this book, is yet another amazing reason why I've got to check out more about this guy.... I'm going to go back and check out his series books now, starring private eye Shell Scott... it's one of those books that got Christa Faust into Prather to begin with- and that's reason enough for me! What an amazing book to start the new year with.....

No comments: