
If you enjoyed Martin Scorsese's Goodfellas (1990) as much as I did, you will probably also enjoy the book Wiseguy, that the movie is based on. The book was written some time after Henry Hill entered the Witness Protection Program, and is based on Henry's meetings with journalist Nicholas Pileggi. Nicholas also wrote books that have become the basis for other Scorsese films, including Casino. After reading the book, I couldn't help but look up to get an update on Henry Hill from wikipedia, and have found that his life after the mafia has so far prove to be just as interesting. I had already known that he has been a regular call-in guest to the Howard Stern program, but he has also no longer in the witness protection program. He has since been busted for drugs (you can find his mugshots on smokinggun.com,) but has been divorced from his wife, has opened another restaurant in 2007, and is planning on getting married this year. Maybe there will be a sequel someday, my life in and out of the witness protection program? I guess there has been some TV documentaries made focussing on his post-Goodfellas days.
No comments:
Post a Comment